PREPARING FOR YOUR MICROBLADING TREATMENT:
What you do before and after your microblading procedure makes an enormous difference on your results. Healing can differ dependent on skin type and how well each person heals from the procedure will vary as everyone’s skin is different.
Microblading is effective in most cases, but there is no guarantee that everyone will benefit from the procedure. Generally, the results are excellent but it depends on your skin texture, oiliness, pre-care and aftercare.
Most people will only need one touch-up to achieve desired look, while others may need more and people with oily skin may heal with softer, less defined strokes. People with dry skin may heal with crisper strokes.
In order to get the best possible results for your skin please follow the below advice carefully as you will get much better results when you properly prepare for your microblading treatment. Your eyebrow area must be healthy, strong, non-sensitive and non-irritated.
Here’s how to get your skin ready for the procedure:
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oils, vitamin E, niacin, or drink excessive alcohol at least 48 hours prior to and after your procedure.
- Do not take any prescription blood thinners at least 48 hours prior to and after your procedure.
- Discontinue any vitamin A skin care products (Retin-A, retinols) close to the enhancement area at least two weeks prior to your procedure. (I also recommend not using these products over or around the brow area after you receive Microblading as it could cause fading and distortion of hairstrokes)
- Discontinue use of AHA (chemical exfoliation) skin care products close to the brow area at least one week prior to your procedure.
- No laser or electrolysis on or around the treatment area one week prior to procedure.
- Do not have any chemical peels, dermabrasions, mesotherapy, facials, or any other intense treatments which will cause faster skin cell rejuvenating and cause skin irritation 2-3 weeks before procedure.
- No Botox or fillers in the procedure area three to four weeks prior.
- If you regularly get your eyebrows shaped, waxed, threaded or tinted, please do so at least 3 days before your appointment.
- Plan trips or events a minimum of 14 days after the procedure.
- Limit the amount of caffeine you consume the morning of your appointment.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- Do not tan two weeks prior or have sunburned face. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
- If you have an ideal shape and colour in mind, bring a few reference photos with you to your appointment.
- You may fill in your eyebrows as you normally would so we can take into consideration the shape you desire.
- Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one week before procedure.
- Do not work out the day of the procedure as body heat will expand the pores.
- Do not drink alcohol 24 – 48 hours before your procedure